JUST FOR TODAY
A guide on how to fight for our happiness and maintain a cheerful mental attitude!
- Just for today I will be happy. You are as happy as you make up your mind for happiness is from within.
- Just for today I will try to adjust myself to what is, and not try to adjust everything to my own desires. I will take my family, my business and my luck as they come and fit myself to them.
- Just for today I will take care of my body. I will exercise, care for it, nourish it, not abuse it nor neglect it, so that it will be a perfect machine for my bidding.
- Just for today I will try to strengthen my mind. I will learn something useful. I will not be a mental loafer. I will read something that requires effort, thought and concentration.
- Just for today I will exercise myself in three ways; I will do somebody a good turn and not be found out. I will do at least two positive things I don’t want to do.
- Just for today I will be agreeable. I will look as well as I can, dress becomingly as possible, talk low, act courteously, be liberal with praise, criticize not at all, nor find fault with anything and not try to regulate nor improve anyone.
- Just for today I will try to live through this day only, not to tackle my whole life problems at once. I can do things for twelve hours that would appall me if I had to keep them up for a lifetime.
- Just for today I will have a program. I will write down what I expect to do every hour. I may not follow it exactly, but I will have it. It will eliminate two pests, hurrying and indecision.
- Just for today I will have a quiet half hour all by myself and relax. In this half hour sometimes I will think of God, so as to get a little more perspective into my life.
- Just for today I will be unafraid, especially I will not be afraid to be happy, to enjoy what is beautiful, to love, and to believe that those I love, love me.
By Sibyl F. Partridge.